FAQAll the answers you're looking for
Send a mail if you don´t find your question
Start and end of every tour is in or nearby Uzghorod in Ukraine, next to Hungarian, Slovakian and Poland borders.
- If the driver of the car is not the holder of the vehicle registered in the registration certificate and the license holder is not one of the occupants of the vehicle, a legalized authorization of the vehicle owner must be carried for use. This also applies if the car is admitted to a close relative. We can send you a template on request. In UA only certified authorization is valid
- In Hungary it is allowed to carry a maximum of ten liters in the reserve canister
- Permitted amounts of fuel canister in the respective countries ADAC Info
- Safety vests in the car for each passenger
- No Visa! You just need passport, technical documents of the car and a car insurance.
- Personal items such as clothing, shoes,Toiletries, etc. can be carried duty free
- Which includes also 1 camera, 1 narrow-film camera or 1 video camera, 1 portable radio and 1 portable musical instrument
- Duty free for over 18 years old persons 200 cigarettes or 200 g of tobacco, 1 l of spirits, 2 l of wine or 5 l of beer
- food for
- own use worth up to 50€ (except of animal origin)
- Gifts worth up to 200€ remain as well duty-free
Import Hungary / Slovakia:
- From non-EU countries goods per person up to the value of 300€ (for air and sea travelers 430€ ) may be imported duty-free.
- Entry by land: 40 cigarettes or 20 cigarillos or 10 cigars or 50 g smoking tobacco
- 1 l of spirits, 2 l of wine or 5 l of beer, food for own use worth up to 50€ (except of animal origin).
- More info
Travel and security information Ukraine from foreign office
Together directly after the first hotel night. Cash change as well as credit card possible.
In most cases the campsites have a water source nearby, which must be cooked for safe drinking. Drinking water we will get at least every third day at the gas station or in village shop
On tour when camping there is a hot meal every evening (with special wishes / or incompatibilities please notify in time!)
Breakfast and lunch has to be provide by yourself. Remember that you have to take care of cooling your food yourself
The final price depend on the fixed details of your tour.
- Pick up and return to border
- A support vehicle with winch, chain saw and tool is always with you
- Always professional instructions for difficult passage
- Full technical help with best possible replacement part/ support
- First and last night in a hotel, including dinner and breakfast
- Daily warm dinner on tour
- Every day, a plane campground with bonfire
- There are always minimum two Ukrainian native speakers with the group
- Sticker for the cars
- Server for picture and video exchange
- "Best of" pictures after tour via social media
The difficulty of the routes depends fully to your wishes. All is possible, from easy to hard. For easy no special skills are required
The Tours are designed for standard 4x4 vehicle without modifications
- Water crossings up to 30cm depth
- Good AT tires (at least 75% residual profile), spare tire in same size
- Tow ropes, at least a short one
- Fire extinguishers, is mandatory in Ukraine
- Safety vest, Attention: must always be on handle on Hungary's highways! (for all in car!)
- Bring spare bulbs (day-light in Ukraine)
- CB radio very welcome! AM + AF, very useful and little device is this: Albrecht AE 6110 Multi
- Drinking water can for at least 5l
- Shovel recommended
For medium or harder Tours:
- Fuel canister for at least 15l and metal (Proposed in Ukraine)
- Minimum ground clearance under Diff. 15cm
- Underside protection and strong towing eyes in front and rear
- - Through water up to 50cm deep
- - MT Tires (at least 75% residual profile) and spare tire in same size
- Rear diff block and winch recommended
All our tours are with nature and the local people, not against them!
All vehicles must follow the line of the Leitwagen. No wild driving on meadows or fields. We drive mostly in sensitive nature, especially in the mountains erosion is a big topic. Traces of some cars may be enough to cause erosion for a long time.
- like to be in and with nature
- do not be afraid to claim your vehicle (scratches on the vehicle are likely)
- to be able to follow instructions
- have gained first off-road experience (not required for easy tours)
- Be open to help and advice in difficult situations
- Sleeping place in, on or under the car, tent (windproof!)
- Sleeping mat, best inflatable
- Warm sleeping bag
- Sleeping bag normal to warm
- Gas or gasoline stove with fuel
- Beverage cups, preferably sheet metal
- Empty containers for food (Tupperware)
- folding chairs
- Coolbox recommended
- Photo & video camera
- Car radio for the highway
- rubber boots
- firm winter shoes (only from October to April)
- Sports Shoes
- "Driving shoes"
- Shoes in reserve
- rain pants
- Winter Jacket Skiwear (only from October to April)
- Winter trousers skiwear (only from October to April)
- Cap (sun and cold)
- Gloves (only from October to April)
- Fixed pants (jeans-like)
- Clothes for repairs to become oily
- Clothes for mud, better more than less
- Warm socks
- Thin socks
- Cozy clothes for the evening
- etc ... number of pieces, may be determined by yourself 😉
The Transcarpathians are one of the last wild and partially untouched mountain landscapes on the European continent. We feel very connected to this nature, so we attach great importance to leaving as few traces as possible. This mindset should also be present with you.
You do not have to be afraid of wild animals in the Carpathians. It is more important that you respect animals and nature and treat them carefully.
It is not very likely that other wildlife than nearby eagles can be seen. The cars are noisy, and if not, the drivers are sitting by the fire ... but you still can not rule it out 100%.
Often we find traces of larger animals, hear them in the distance or even see them with binoculars, for example bears.
Some plants are better scared! The population of giant swallows is increasing dramatically, even gentle touches can lead to painful days. They grow very fast and are therefore very easy to recognize in spring.
Your dogs are always welcome on tour!
Ideally, the forest should be cleaner behind us than before!
Each vehicle collects ALL own waste up to the next gas station.
Unfortunately, garbage is found almost everywhere, and part of the garbage was left by off-roaders. Please help us to show the right way! It is also easy to collect garbage found in nature, regardless of who produced it.
In addition to the toilets at the gas station, we can not offer toilets on tour. Therefore, think of a folding spade, dig a small hole, then nature can break everything easily and quickly.
Participants participate in Trans-Carpathian OFF-ROAD Tours at their own risk and risk. You hereby expressly declare that you are aware of the dangers and risks of a trip of an expedition and / or expedition nature and that you accept them without restriction.
The participants hereby expressly waive claims arising from any type of damage, injury or accident in connection with the journey. An exception is damage caused by gross negligence or intent on the part of the organizer.
Participants are solely responsible under civil and criminal law for all damage caused by them or the vehicle they use.
The participants are responsible for compliance with the passport, visa, customs, foreign exchange, vaccination, traffic, health and other regulations in the respective travel countries. All disadvantages resulting from non-compliance with these regulations are at the expense of the user.
The participants undertake to check the vehicle used for the journey before the trip and to have existing damage and defects repaired or rectified.
Participants represent and warrant that they are the holder or owner of the vehicle used in the event or that they are authorized to use it.
The instructions of the tour guide is in any case consequence bars.
The organizer points out that in the travel price no cancellation insurance and no foreign health insurance are included.
Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children.
A deposit must be made before the trip by bank transfer. The balance is payable locally in cash.